5 News Sources

 

 My Top 5 Sources I Use Everyday



1) My top news source is the Wall Street Journal because it is great for obtaining relevant, important news in the industry you wish to pursue. I tend to focus on the Business, Life & Arts, and the Opinion page. I also find it extremely convenient to get the Top 10 News-of-the-Day emails because they are straight to the point and always keeps me in the loop even on my busy days. WSJ is also known to contain the most neutral and trustworthy news compared to other news feeds. 

2) I also get my news from my Linkedin news feed from companies or people I follow. It's important to not only get news from outside of the companies control but also from the companies directly. For this reason, I like to use Linkedin because it is information for future employees and recruiters, not just customers like other social media platforms. Unlike other platforms like Instagram, I am less likely to get distracted on Linkedin by other content. Linkedin narrows my focus when I want to receive accurate and important information for my industry.

3) Specifically for politics, I tend to read or listen to the Daily Wire News Feed. If I have downtime, I like to listen to the podcast hosted by Ben Shapiro. I really enjoy listening to Ben Shapiro talk because he shares enlightening information and perspectives that I never really consider. Shapiro is also centered around facts which allows me to put more trust into his information than other news sources. If I am not listening to Ben Shapiro, I like to listen to the podcast "Left, Right, Center." This podcast is on spotify and the host is neutral and brings guests from both sides of the political spectrum.

4) I also use Barstool Sports website and podcasts for more news about sports and the entertainment industry. Barstool's website has always done a great job at engaging their audience by posting the most interesting content. Even if you do not follow sports, the content is also great for conversation starters. Most people are familiar with the company and it is always a plus to know what is going on in every situation.

5) I also like to stay up to date with the fashion industry as much as possible. More specifically about the sustainability, promotional merchandise on athletes, and couture. Therefore, I read Vogue Newsletter and Vogue Runway. Vogue releases information about trends, incoming or popular athletes, newest runway collections, and much more. Some of this content overlaps with Barstool but they also have two completely different audiences. Vogue is the most trusted and attractive company when it comes to fashion, and for that reason, I like to read their news feed. 

Comments

Popular Posts